May 19 - June 16, 2020
While some of the world is on standby, the other half is manically working to support and supply healthcare. All while pharmaceutical industry standards continue to progress. Join us for a webinar series to explain 2020 industry standards updates and company initiatives.
- Pharmaceutical Supply Chain & Distribution Center Contingencies During COVID-19: Collaborative Learning Q&A
- United States Pharmacopeia Updates and Shipping into Brazil
- Exploring Sustainability in the Packaging World
- Transport/Packaging Qualifications – Where Are We? Perspectives from ISTA and PDA.
- Real-Time Monitoring: Mobile IoT Solutions
Pharmaceutical Supply Chain & Distribution Center Contingencies During COVID-19: Collaborative Learning Q&A
Courtney Becker-James, ELPRO
Supply chains across industries all over the world are broken and faltering. Pharmaceutical supply chains face the same challenges, with one big difference – the patient. While many pharmaceutical businesses are fighting to supply kits and find treatments and vaccines for COVID-19 – there are still patients with life-threatening illnesses or chronic diseases that need medications.
This panel of QA and logistics experts will share their experiences during COVID-19 in re-routing, re-planning their distribution center operations and supply chains. We will discuss contingency plans, current impact, and how they foresee business post-COVID.
Discussion topics include:
- Precautionary DC operations during COVID
- Creating redundancy in distribution with secondary sites and logistics providers
- Approving new contingency routes
- Shipping cross borders and customs
- Virtual audits – is this a viable future for pharmaceutical QA supply chains?
United States Pharmacopeia Updates & Feedback Shipping into Brazil
Glaucia Karime Braga, Co-Chair, <1079> Expert Committee, United States Pharmacopeia & Auditor, Public-Private Partnership, FURP Brazil;
Chris Anderson, Director, Quality Systems, Cardinal Health & Co-Chair, <1079> Expert Committee, United States Pharmacopeia
With input from industry, changes have been made to USP <1079> including a new chapter on using MKT. These were published in Pharmacopeial Forum 45(5) September 2019 and come into effect late 2020.
This webinar will discuss the changes and how they apply to temperature controlled supply chains, including:
- Updates made to <1079> Risks and Mitigation Strategies for the Storage and Transportation of Finish Drug Products
- Changes to <659> Packaging and Storage Requirements
- The new <1079.2> Mean Kinetic Temperature in the Evaluation of Temperature Excursions During Storage and Transportation of Drug Products
- 5-year Outlook: What does the USP foresee coming in the next few years?
- Current experiences shipping temperature control in Brazil
- Practitioner/audience Q&A
Exploring Sustainability in the Packaging World
Even in normal times, the topic of sustainability typically confronts competing priorities and disruptions as professionals in our industry manage change across multiple initiatives. Maintaining focus can be challenging. In times of crisis, it can be even more difficult. We invite you to think critically about long-term sustainability when it comes to packaging and processes.
The learning objectives for this webinar are to:
- Benchmark with peers in the industry
- Address sustainability misconceptions
- Identify challenges to starting a sustainability initiative
- Discuss opportunities in implementing packaging sustainability
Transport/ Packaging Qualifications – Where Are We?
Mark Everitt, Qualfication Engineer, AstraZeneca;
Michael English, Director Engineering Packaging Technical Operations, Merck
Across the full supply chain, packaging safeguards drug product from external influences and foreign materials. To assure that pharmaceutical packaging functions as required, validation needs to be planned and executed before the drug product is available in the marketplace. Join us to discuss updates from the ISTA and PDA communities related to temperature-controlled packaging.
The learning objectives for this webinar are:
- Create awareness of the ISTA Pharma Committee
- Share ISTA Pharma Committee organizational updates
- Share a synopsis of the soon to be released Passive Thermal Packaging System Operational Qualification Best Practice Guideline
- Share PDA organizational updates
- Create awareness of the PDA Technical Report 39 updates
Real-Time Monitoring: Mobile IoT Solutions with ELPRO’s new LIBERO G
Gaining temperature, location and other sensor data ‘live’ from your supply chain provides significant opportunities to prevent product loss and make proactive decisions. Join us for an exploration of how real-time monitoring changes supply chains and to learn about ELPRO’s new LIBERO G.
We will discuss:
- When real-time really shines: Discussing important applications
- Today’s challenges with current real time monitoring solutions
- ELPRO’s new LIBERO G real-time Mobile IoT data logger
- New customer experiences using the latest real-time technology
- Comprehensive data management with an extended base of shipment information
- How real-time monitoring fits into your current solutions for temperature controlled logistics
- The importance of integrating stability management perspective and not only the tracking and alarming features
Seminar hosted by
For over 30 years, ELPRO is widely recognized as the global knowledge leader in innovative, Swiss engineered environmental monitoring solutions and data loggers for pharma, healthcare and life science. ELPRO partners with clients to develop solutions that integrate ELPROs high-quality measurement components into their business processes. Clients include biotechs, diagnostic manufacturers, and the top 20 pharma companies. As the inventor of the LIBERO PDF Logger, ELPRO solutions have the lowest total cost of ownership and assist pharmaceutical and healthcare companies around the world preserve and manage stability budgets and simplify their cold chain by reducing manual work, resulting in quicker release times.
Sonoco ThermoSafe, a unit of Sonoco (NYSE:SON), is a leading global provider of temperature assurance packaging for the safe and efficient transport of pharmaceuticals, biologics, vaccines and other temperature sensitive products. Sonoco ThermoSafe shipping solutions mitigate risk for our customers and ensure product efficacy throughout the extremes of a supply chain. With operations in North America, Europe and Asia, Sonoco ThermoSafe has a vast product offering featuring industry-leading technology that encompasses refrigerated, frozen or controlled room temperature applications. In addition, Sonoco ThermoSafe's ISC Labs® design and testing services deliver individualized and innovative packaging solutions along with qualification and validation services to meet all regulatory requirements